Have you ever wondered what your cat does when you’re not in the room? Wouldn’t it be fun to have a kitty camera collar to see what they get up to when you’re not there? Like a surly teenager, cats are notorious for being private creatures who keep secrets and demand the freedom to roam on their own. Though your furry feline may want to be left to his own devices, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the fun!
In this post we’ll talk about the best kitty camera collars on the market – the good, the bad and the pixelated – as well as identify the top things you should look for when preserving those special memories you can only get through the eyes of your cat.
Here’s Our Top Kitty Camera Collars Available to Buy Today
Kitty Camera Collar Reviews:
- 736 x 480 Video resolution with audio
- Night vision (up to 7 feet)
- 4GB Built-in Flash memory
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (2.5 hours recording time)
This kitty camera collar has been awarded “Best Pet Product” in 2011, the Eyenimal Cat Videocam is the first video camera with a small enough profile to fit cats and smaller animals. At only 35g, it’s so light your pet might forget it’s there.
While it can hold up to 2.5 hours of memory, you can transfer video and charge the lithium ion battery with an accompanying USB cable. An integrated microphone ensures that you can easily (and audibly) step into your cat’s world and see and hear everything he does.
As an added bonus, the Eyenimal camera has night vision, so you can easily watch your little night-prankster’s shenanigans.
- Windows, MacOS, and Linux compatible
- Battery is included
- Has motion detection and night vision options
- Video camera only (no stills)
- Does not come with a collar
- Claims it is “weather-resistant”, not waterproof
- Video:1920 X 1080,
- Photo: 1280 x 960
- Support: 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB T-Flash card (not included)
- Built-in lithium battery
- Running time: about 50 minutes
- Supports Windows Me/2000/XP/2003, MacOS and Linux
Calling itself the “world’s smallest portable pocket body camera”, the NIYPS takes both video and still images, making it incredibly versatile and a good choice to be used as a kitty camera collar. It only records when motion is detected, which means you won’t have 50 minutes of watching your cat sleep.
The NIYPS supports “loop recording”, which essentially means that it automatically rewrites the oldest video files if your flash card is full. The camera can also charge and record at the same time, so you never have to worry about running out of recording time or battery charge.
Full HD images and video are recorded at an amazing 1920 X 1080P (at roughly 30 frames per second), which gives you near-perfect resolution. Enhanced night vision ensures that even in low or no light, you’ll have a clear view of your feline’s adventures.
While the NIYPS doesn’t come with a collar, it does have an accompanying clip to secure it to the collar of your choice. Whether your cat is indoors our outdoors, you’ll be able to capture every adventure with crystal-clarity.
- Very durable, small profile
- Has an LED screen which stays off during night vision mode
- Comes with a USB cord for charging and transferring files
- No flash card included
- Does not come with a collar
- May release heat when in use
- DC-5V built-in rechargeable Lithium Battery
- Produces .AVI and .JPGs (Video or Picture mode switch)
- Running Time: About 1.5h
- Length of USB Cable: Approx.79cm
- Supports Windows XP/ 2000/ 2003/ Vista/ Windows 7, MacOS 10.4, Linux
An economical camera option for pet owners who are just getting into the pet monitoring (or high-tech) game, this lightweight camera from Oumeiou is small, durable and waterproof.
Designed specifically for pets, this model comes with its own adjustable collar. It can record video or take dozens of still shots (.AVI or .JPEGs respectively) with great resolution (1280 x 1024). The average running time is 1.5 hours of footage, so you can quickly figure out just what your curious kitty has been up to all day.
If you’re looking to record your cat’s activities, this well-priced and easy to use camera is a great place to start.
- Compatible with a variety of operating systems
- A small, barely noticeable profile
- Pet collar is included
- Instructions are difficult to read
- Does not include memory card (available for additional purchase)
- Camera is not waterproof
- 0.8” LCD display
- Supports up to 32GB of storage
- Photo: 1280 x 1024 (.JPEG format)
- Video: 640 x 480, 30 frames per second
It’s now easier to monitor your furbaby’s activities with this light, compact camera. Like the Oumeiou, it also comes with a collar and takes both still images and video.
An 0.8” LCD screen displays memory card space, your contact information and how much battery life is left. When not in use, the camera reverts to standby mode to conserve your battery power. A USB cord is included to charge the camera and to connect it to your computer for file transfers.
What we really liked about this camera was its small size and lightweight profile, making it very comfortable to wear and, according to some owners, almost unnoticeable. The package comes with the camera, collar, a USB cable and user manual. A great starter package at a good price point, the Leegoal mini camera is a great foray into guerilla filmmaking, with your furry pal as the star.
- Lightweight, comfortable to wear
- The instructions are challenging
- Does not come with a flash/memory card
- Some reviewers claimed the collar was too big for their cat
Based on our criteria, the Eyenimal Cat Cam is our favorite kitty camera collar. While it’s at the higher end of the price spectrum, the Eyenimal has many value-adds that make the extra cost worth it. It’s made specifically for cats, provides audio, a great night vision option and clear resolution. We were especially impressed with the 2.5 hours of running time. While it doesn’t come with a collar, this camera can be easily attached to your cat’s existing one. The Eyenimal is so small and light, your pet won’t even know he’s wearing it.
If you’ve ever been curious about what your cat likes to do in his “down time” and how he views the world, a collar camera can give you valuable insight. Knowing that he’s safe, happy and healthy will also give you peace of min